Important Information

Step by Step Guide for any document lost

Stolen/Lost BRP inside the UK

  1. Report to the home office by filling in this form online
  2. Report to the police through the phone or by going to the nearest station to obtain a Police reference if it is lost or a Crime Reference Number if it is stolen.
  3. Apply for a replacement BRP, which must be within 3 months of the report, here
  • Whilst waiting for a replacement, you cannot travel outside of the UK
  • The cost of the standard service for replacement is £75.20 
  • There is the option of the super priority service which costs £875.20
  • Total time is 6-8 weeks 
  • If you are a student of UoM, use the following correspondence address for the replacement card: Sophie Hargreaves, Student Services Centre, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PL

Stolen/Lost BRP outside the UK

  1. Refer to steps 1 and 2 of Stolen/Lost BRP inside the UK
  2. Apply for a single use BRP and is valid for only 1 month
  • Your passport is required for application
  • If stolen/lost, you must contact your Embassy in the country it was stolen/lost
  • Include: Passport, Police Report, Confirmation of Attendance of your university, copy of current BRP
  1. Apply for a replacement BRP once you have arrived in the UK (look at step 3 of Stolen/Lost BRP inside the UK)

Stolen/Lost Passport

  1. Report to the police 
  2. If an endorsement of identity from the High Commission is requested by the police, you must attend the High Commission of Malaysia (45 Belgrave Square, Belgravia, London SW1X 8QT) for one. Bring a copy of your lost passport, your Mykad or Birth Certificate
  3. Make an application for a new passport at the High Commission in London. Refer to this link to view the required documents to bring for the application.
  4. Once you have received your passport, apply to the UKVI for a Transfer of Conditions on the online application form

Lost Malaysian documents (MyKad/IC, Driving License)

MyKads and Malaysian Driving Licenses cannot be issued abroad by the High Commission, but they are able to issue a supporting letter to support your claim if you need evidence of your MyKad or Driving License in the UK. Applications for new documents must be made in Malaysia.